In one notable case, a young woman sought $22 million after the site matched her at 11 years old with a man who went on to exploit her sexually. Days after the lawsuit was settled, Omegle shut down operations.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 20 seconds
Omegle Closes Shop After Settling $22M Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
Anonymity-based video communication platform Omegle is shutting down services after it was hit with a number of complaints and legal actions. So reports NPR.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ohio Marijuana Law Now In Effect, Senate Looks To Make Changes
- Lawyer Prosecuting Sex Assault In the Military Fired Over Email From A Decade Ago
- 15 YO Too Young To Live On Campus, Studying Law Topics At Loyola
- NCAA Facing Sherman Act Antitrust Lawsuit From 6 States
- FedEx, Contractor Head To Court Under RICO Allegations