Postlewaite said his salary is lower than colleagues who have “significantly fewer years of teaching experience.” The lawsuit alleges the school awarded Postlewaite “substantially” lower base pay increases since he declined a buyout offer in 2013.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 18 seconds
Northwestern Law Professor with 49 Years of Experience Below School's Median Salary: Lawsuit
Philip Postlewaite, a 78-year-old professor at Northwestern Law, is suing the university for age discrimination. So reports Reuters.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ohio Marijuana Law Now In Effect, Senate Looks To Make Changes
- Lawyer Prosecuting Sex Assault In the Military Fired Over Email From A Decade Ago
- 15 YO Too Young To Live On Campus, Studying Law Topics At Loyola
- NCAA Facing Sherman Act Antitrust Lawsuit From 6 States
- FedEx, Contractor Head To Court Under RICO Allegations