Heos is also facing potential discipline in the matter as well. The lawyer said he did not know that he was visible on screen to anyone else at the time of the gesture. He also said it was the first time he was ever accused of “inappropriate, unruly or rude” behavior in court.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Lawyer Fined $3K for Giving Finger to Broken Computer Screen
Michigan attorney James Heos was fined $3,000 for giving his broken computer screen the middle finger during oral arguments taking place over Zoom. So reports the ABA Journal.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email