The move comes after the university’s Board of Trustees unanimously voted to end the seven year affiliation after “anticipated collaborations between the two institutions never materialized.” The execution of the agreement will take three years. The article also notes Cooley has run into issues with accreditation standards in recent years and was cited by the ABA for admitting students unlikely to pass the bar.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
WMU, Cooley Law School to End Affiliation Agreement
Western Michigan University will sever ties with the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. So reports Insider Higher Ed.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Villanova Law Dean Who Stressed Inclusion, Precision Dead At 90 from Heart Failure
- Oregon Law Looks to Insulate Schools from COVID-19 Damage Claims
- Cuomo Pushes Pot As Criminal Justice Reform, Revenue Raiser
- Lawyer Looks to Ditch Trump As Client After President’s 'Repugnant' Behavior
- Boston Marathon Bomber Sues Feds with Handwritten Note Over a Hat