The massive federal inquiry now involves 33 defendants, five indictments and 11 guilty pleas. “Until now, none of the lawyers who authorities say worked with street-level ‘slammers’ to orchestrate crashes in the New Orleans area over several years were charged or identified by name in federal court records,” reads the article. Keating and involved clients received approximately $1.5 million as part of the purported scheme.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
N.O. Attorney Charged in Alleged $1.5M Accident Racket
New Orleans lawyer Danny Patrick Keating Jr. was charged with a felony as part of a federal investigation into alleged staged accidents that involved “spotters” and “slammers.” So reports the New Orleans Advocate.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Villanova Law Dean Who Stressed Inclusion, Precision Dead At 90 from Heart Failure
- Oregon Law Looks to Insulate Schools from COVID-19 Damage Claims
- Cuomo Pushes Pot As Criminal Justice Reform, Revenue Raiser
- Lawyer Looks to Ditch Trump As Client After President’s 'Repugnant' Behavior
- Boston Marathon Bomber Sues Feds with Handwritten Note Over a Hat