The massive federal inquiry now involves 33 defendants, five indictments and 11 guilty pleas. “Until now, none of the lawyers who authorities say worked with street-level ‘slammers’ to orchestrate crashes in the New Orleans area over several years were charged or identified by name in federal court records,” reads the article. Keating and involved clients received approximately $1.5 million as part of the purported scheme.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
N.O. Attorney Charged in Alleged $1.5M Accident Racket
New Orleans lawyer Danny Patrick Keating Jr. was charged with a felony as part of a federal investigation into alleged staged accidents that involved “spotters” and “slammers.” So reports the New Orleans Advocate.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick