As part of the agreement, the family will receive $10.5 million and the school will make a $3 million donation to the Lauren McCluskey Foundation, among other concessions. Lauren was killed by her ex-boyfriend, Melvin Shawn Rowland, after campus police repeatedly ignored her fears about the potential for violence. Rowland is a convicted felon who lied about his criminal history and age.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Family of Lauren McCluskey Reaches Settlement with University of Utah
The parents of Lauren McCluskey and the University of Utah agreed to settle a lawsuit related to her on-campus death in 2018. So reports a 2KUTV.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick