Peñalver will replace Stephen Sundborg, who is stepping down in June after heading the school for 24 years. Peñalver will be both the first Latino president in Seattle U’s history as well as the first layperson to head the school since its 1891 founding.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Cornell Law Dean Peñalver to Become First Latino to Lead Seattle U
Eduardo M. Peñalver, the dean of Cornell University’s Law School and a former clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, will take over as Seattle University’s 22nd president. So reports MYNorthwest.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick