DraftKing users filed a class action lawsuit alleging fraud and claimed they lost money due to “corrupted games” resulting from the cheating. However, U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff ruled any connection between the foul play and DraftKing losses was “simply too attenuated” and does not support a lawsuit.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Link Between Sign-stealing, DraftKings Losses, Too Loose to Support Lawsuit: Judge
A lawsuit brought by DraftKings users against Major League Baseball in the wake of a widespread electronic sign-stealing scandal was thrown out by a judge in New York. So reports Bloomberg.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask