The judge will wait until an appeals court rules on a separate case out of Congress regarding whether executive branch officials can be compelled to testify. The judge said the court could also wait to see if that case goes to the U.S. Supreme Court before making a decision regarding the tax records lawsuit.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Judge Puts a Stop on Trump Tax Lawsuit, Awaits Outcome of McGahn Case
A federal judge put a halt on a House lawsuit seeking to enforce a subpoena of President Donald Trump’s tax records. So reports The Washington Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Vet Lawyer from Interior Named Head of Grand Canyon National Park
- EPA Threatens to Fight False Claims About Coronavirus Protection
- Nixed Bitcoin Event Prompts Attorney to Offer Pro Bono Representation
- Zoom Facing Scrutiny, Lawsuit Over Alleged Data Sharing with Facebook
- Link Between Sign-stealing, DraftKings Losses, Too Loose to Support Lawsuit: Judge