Mishcon de Reya LLP has issued advice to lawyers discussing sensitive information over the phone to “mute or shut off listening devices.” It also suggested removing the devices from their workspace as information could accidentally be compromised.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Beware of Devices Listening to Client Calls: Mishcon de Reya
Lawyers working from home are being warned of potential risks associated with confidential phone calls being exposed to Amazon and Google devices like Alexa. So reports Bloomberg.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Vet Lawyer from Interior Named Head of Grand Canyon National Park
- EPA Threatens to Fight False Claims About Coronavirus Protection
- Nixed Bitcoin Event Prompts Attorney to Offer Pro Bono Representation
- Zoom Facing Scrutiny, Lawsuit Over Alleged Data Sharing with Facebook
- Link Between Sign-stealing, DraftKings Losses, Too Loose to Support Lawsuit: Judge