Petersen said he was fired for filing a workplace-safety complaint. The Exact Builders Group LLC employee asked for “goggles, gloves and a special mask” after being tasked with installing a wall and cleaning up rat feces. After developing welts, vomiting, missing a week of work and spending time in the hospital, he was threatened with termination ahead of his actual firing.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 33 seconds
NYC Handyman Lawsuit: I Got Sick from Rat Feces
Robert Petersen, a New York City handyman, claims he became sick due to insufficient safety gear when a “ceiling full rats” and feces fell on him. Now, after being fired, he’s suing his former employer. So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- NJ Inches Closer to Referendum Vote on Legalization of Marijuana
- Boston Marathon Bomber Claims Jury Bias, Seeks New Trial
- Southwest Pilots Union Unsatisfied with Compensation from Boeing Deal
- Ex-NFLers Charged in Scam to Defraud Gene Upshaw Healthcare Account
- Soundgarden Facing Royalty Lawsuit from Frontman’s Widow