Petersen said he was fired for filing a workplace-safety complaint. The Exact Builders Group LLC employee asked for “goggles, gloves and a special mask” after being tasked with installing a wall and cleaning up rat feces. After developing welts, vomiting, missing a week of work and spending time in the hospital, he was threatened with termination ahead of his actual firing.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 33 seconds
NYC Handyman Lawsuit: I Got Sick from Rat Feces
Robert Petersen, a New York City handyman, claims he became sick due to insufficient safety gear when a “ceiling full rats” and feces fell on him. Now, after being fired, he’s suing his former employer. So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers
- Lawyer Dons Hazmat Suit During Sentencing Hearing
- 4th Circuit Ruling Means Trump Hotel Records Under Wraps Until After Election
- 'Lady A' Band, Artist Engaged in Legal Battle Over Moniker
- Vermont Law School Mural Being Removed Due to 'Black Features'