Opponents claim there is no time to readdress the issue before census documents begin printing, but President Donald Trump said he has asked his legal team to explore options to delay the census until the Supreme Court can provide additional information and make a final ruling. Chief Justice John Roberts voted with the court's four "liberal" justices to block the question.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
No Citizenship Question on Census at This Time: SCOTUS
The Supreme Court ruled, for now, there will not be a citizenship question on the upcoming 2020 census. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask