The lawsuit was filed by country musician Andy Stone and Troy Powers, who co-wrote the song, in a California district court. According to the lawsuit, Stone and Powers allege Carey’s song is “a greater than 50% clone of Vance’s original work, in both lyric choice and chord expressions.”
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Country Singer's Lawsuit: Mariah Carey Ripped Off 'All I Want for Christmas Is You'
Mariah Carey is facing a copyright lawsuit over the 1994 holiday smash hit “All I Want for Christmas Is You.” So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ohio Marijuana Law Now In Effect, Senate Looks To Make Changes
- Lawyer Prosecuting Sex Assault In the Military Fired Over Email From A Decade Ago
- 15 YO Too Young To Live On Campus, Studying Law Topics At Loyola
- NCAA Facing Sherman Act Antitrust Lawsuit From 6 States
- FedEx, Contractor Head To Court Under RICO Allegations