With the ruling, the committee will be temporarily blocked from having access to the forms even though the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit declined to intervene on Trump’s behalf. Trump’s attorneys said the request for the returns “does not stand up to scrutiny” and also raises constitutional issues.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Trump Scores Win in Quest to Keep Tax Returns from House W&M Committee
Chief Justice John Roberts asked the House Ways and Means Committee to respond to former President Trump’s assertion his tax returns should remain out of its hands. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- California Bar Points to Eastman’s Contact with Pence in New Ethics Charges
- Fireball Maker Under Fire in Class-action Suit Alleging Misleading Labeling
- ChatGPT Skates By On Law Exam with C+ Grade
- Janitor Caught Urinating in Water Bottles Arrested, Employers Facing Lawsuit
- AI-powered Defender Faces Major Backlash from Legal Community