Brnovich said the U.S. Department of Education is not authorized to cancel that much debt without an act of Congress. The lawsuit is one of several aimed at halting the plan to cancel as much as $20,000 in debt for borrowers and comes alongside ones from South Carolina, Kansas and Iowa.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Facing Another Legal Challenge
Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich is challenging President Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan on constitutional grounds. So reports CNBC.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Epic Games Hit with Class Action Suit Over Fortnite Addiction
- Mass. AG Healey Signs Off On Topless Nantucket Beaches
- San Antonio Judge Rules Plaintiff Has No Standing in First SB 8 Case
- Twitter Deputy GC 'Exited' As Musk Continues to Release Internal Docs
- Parents of FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried Out at Stanford Law