As such, the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct is calling for him to be removed from his position. Putorti described the defendant as a “big Black man” while discussing the matter with others.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Remove Judge Over Handgun Incident: NYS Judicial Commission
Robert J. Putorti, a judge in Whitehall, New York, has been accused of pulling a handgun out and pointing it at a defendant during a case several years ago. So reports a CBS 6.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Epic Games Hit with Class Action Suit Over Fortnite Addiction
- Mass. AG Healey Signs Off On Topless Nantucket Beaches
- San Antonio Judge Rules Plaintiff Has No Standing in First SB 8 Case
- Twitter Deputy GC 'Exited' As Musk Continues to Release Internal Docs
- Parents of FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried Out at Stanford Law