Tarantino said the tokens were “linked with media from the screenplay, which he retained rights to.” However, Miramax contended it had contractual rights to profits from the “emerging technology.” The first token sold for $1.1 million.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 20 seconds
QT, Miramax Duck Court with NFT Settlement
Quentin Tarantino and Miramax settled a lawsuit stemming from a discrepancy over Pulp Fiction-themed non-fungible tokens the auteur minted last year. So reports The Verge.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Facing Another Legal Challenge
- NRA Unsuccessful Again in Getting Judge to Dismiss NYAG Lawsuit
- School, Gun-maker Negligent in Uvalde Shooting: Parents' Lawsuit
- Newsom Signs Laws to Make Calif. Residential Development Easier
- Homicide Charges Expected in 'Rust' Shooting: Santa Fe DA