Meta’s filing argues the FTC is relying on “inapposite statistics” and “admitted assumptions” in order to make conclusions. The lawsuit stems from an accusation by the FTC that Facebook was engaging in “buy or bury” tactics with respect to rivals WhatsApp and Instagram.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
Meta Platforms, the newly minted parent of Facebook, is again asking to have a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit against the company thrown out. So reports MarketWatch.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Judge on Hot Mic: 'Can You Imagine Waking Up Next to Her?'
- Man Charged with 2nd Degree Murder After Video Game Dispute
- Fintech Charter Lawsuit Dropped as Pilot Company Amends Application
- PayPal Looking at Class-action Suit After Another Case of Frozen Funding
- Critics Want Professor Amy Wax’s Tenure to Go On Trial After Comments About 'Asian Elites'