Banda, who likens wearing face coverings to having on a “dunce cap,” argued the court’s new rules did not give him enough time to get a COVID-19 vaccine even if he wanted one. Banda, whose client was convicted of sexual exploitation of a minor, said the mask matter might have caused the jury to have an unconscious bias against him.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Unvaccinated Attorney: Mask Mandate May Have Led to Unconscious Bias Against Me, Client
Darrick X. Banda, an unvaccinated attorney in Maine, was forced to wear a mask during a recent trial after losing an appeal to go mask-less. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
- Trump Family Legal Drama Continues: Donald Takes Niece, NYT to Court
- Washington State Workers Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in New Court Filing
- Chauvin, For Now, Representing Himself in George Floyd Murder Appeal
- 'Jane Doe' Refiles Sex Abuse Accusations Against Marilyn Manson