Trump had issued an executive order to ban the app arguing it posed a security threat by allowing the Chinese government to gather user data on U.S. citizens. Under the settlement agreement, which came after a separate review of the matter by President Joe Biden, both sides agreed the suit should not go forward and will instead be dismissed.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
Biden Admin Rescinds Trump TikTok Ban, Settles with Firm
Chinese-owned TikTok and the White House have come to an agreement after former President Donald Trump’s administration tried to ban the social media company from America. So reports Fox News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
- Trump Family Legal Drama Continues: Donald Takes Niece, NYT to Court
- Washington State Workers Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in New Court Filing
- Chauvin, For Now, Representing Himself in George Floyd Murder Appeal
- 'Jane Doe' Refiles Sex Abuse Accusations Against Marilyn Manson