The flyer became an issue of academic standards and free speech. Initially, Wallace was told his diploma would be withheld for the stunt, but he has since been informed he will, in fact, be allowed to move on from the program.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Academic Standards, Free Speech at Heart of Stanford Satire Incident
Nicholas Wallace, the Stanford Law School student who authored a satirical flyer poking fun at Missouri Sen. Joshua Hawley, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and the Stanford Federalist Society, will be allowed to graduate after all. So reports Slate.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email