The lawsuit alleges the university discriminated against the applicants based on “race and national origin …and that race is the determinative factor in hundreds of admissions decisions each year.” Representatives from Yale, though, said the suit is “baseless” and it is not planning to alter its admissions processes as a result of the suit.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Justice Department Sues Yale Over Discrimination Against White, Asian Applicants
In the wake of prosecutors finding Yale discriminated against white and Asian American applicants, the Justice Department has filed a lawsuit in a federal court. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick