Alexandra Wilson was stopped by court officials at the magistrate’s court repeatedly while trying to work, which lead Kevin Wilson, the acting CEO of Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service, to apologize to the counselor via Twitter. According to the article, Wilson was first stopped by a security guard, then improperly told to wait outside the court room by a solicitor and again by a clerk prompting the apology.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
Court Issues Mea Culpa After Mistaking Black Attorney for Defendant
A Black lawyer was mistaken for an accused criminal three times by a court in Britain. So reports the The New York Daily News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Zoom Bolsters Encryption Practices After FTC Complaint
- Apple, Epic Games Exchange Another Legal Salve Over Fortnite
- Data Model Shows Law Schools Not a Good Investment: Opinion
- Trump’s Lawyers Skeptical About Representing Election Efforts: Report
- Johnny Depp Out of Harry Potter Spinoff After Losing Defamation Case Against The Sun