Choi allegedly created bogus businesses, including faking the existence of hundreds of employees and tax records in order to execute the purported scheme. “Choi used the money to buy a house in Cresskill, pay for $30,000 in remodeling and other improvements and invest millions more in the stock market through an account held in the name of his spouse,” according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
NJ Lawyer Scammed Lenders Out of COVID-19-relief Funds to Buy Mansion: Charges
Jae H. Choi, a New Jersey lawyer, is accused of scamming lenders out of $9 million in COVID-19 relief funds and then spending his take on a new million-dollar home. So reports the Daily Voice.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87, Fight to Fill Vacancy Begins
- Louisville, Breonna Taylor's Family Agree to 'Historic' Settlement
- Tesla Case Accusing Ex-employee of Stealing Trade Secrets Moving Ahead
- Julian Assange's Lawyer: Trump Offered Extradition Deal
- Dr. Dre Sued By Estranged Wife Over Alleged 'Secretly' Transferred Trademarks