The ruling came from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and was split 2-1. The construction plan, which seeks to divert $2.5 billion that Congress earmarked for the military, violates the Constitution, according to the court.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 20 seconds
Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
A federal appeals court said the Trump administration lacks the authority to use military dollars to pay for a border wall. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes
- Former Delaware Judge Settles Long-running Sex Abuse Case