The judge acknowledged Whitmer’s re-declaration of an existing state of emergency violated state law, but ruled the Legislature’s challenge that the governor improperly issued executive orders under the Emergency Powers of Governor Act was meritless. The ruling comes in contrast to a similar case in Wisconsin where the Supreme Court recently ruled Gov. Tony Evers’ stay at home order was unlawful.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
A Michigan judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by legislative leaders challenging Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s decision to extend Michigan’s state of emergency. So reports the CNN.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask
- Amazon Sues Vendors Over Alleged Tech Support Scam