The settlement terms were not disclosed. Smith was a middle school swimmer when she claims she was sexually abused by he coach Sean Hutchinson, who is nearly two decades her senior. USA Swimming conducted an investigation exonerating Hutchinson, but her attorney said the inquiry was flawed for a number of reasons. The federal government is also conducting an investigation into the allegations.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Ariana Kukors Smith, USA Swimming Settle Over Sexual Abuse Claims
Olympic swimmer Ariana Kukors Smith and USA Swimming have agreed to settle sex abuse allegations she made two years ago. So reports NPR.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Vet Lawyer from Interior Named Head of Grand Canyon National Park
- EPA Threatens to Fight False Claims About Coronavirus Protection
- Nixed Bitcoin Event Prompts Attorney to Offer Pro Bono Representation
- Zoom Facing Scrutiny, Lawsuit Over Alleged Data Sharing with Facebook
- Link Between Sign-stealing, DraftKings Losses, Too Loose to Support Lawsuit: Judge