Freddy McConnell was born female and began a testosterone regiment before having surgery to remove breast tissue. After suspending the testosterone treatment, McConnell decided to become pregnant through a sperm donor, an act which the General Register Office for England and Wales said means McConnell is legally a “mother.” Should the appeal be successful, though, McConnell's son will be the first person in the U.K. to legally have no mother.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 33 seconds
Trans Journalist Asks Court to List No Mother on Child's Birth Certificate
A transgender journalist in England is heading back to court after being denied the right to be called “father” on his child’s birth certificate. So reports The New York Daily News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Vet Lawyer from Interior Named Head of Grand Canyon National Park
- EPA Threatens to Fight False Claims About Coronavirus Protection
- Nixed Bitcoin Event Prompts Attorney to Offer Pro Bono Representation
- Zoom Facing Scrutiny, Lawsuit Over Alleged Data Sharing with Facebook
- Link Between Sign-stealing, DraftKings Losses, Too Loose to Support Lawsuit: Judge