The girls said they have missed out on “honors and opportunities” after they lost races to biological men who “identify as females.” The state allows students to compete based on gender identity and, as such, the Alliance Defending Freedom claims the policy violates Title IX.Last modified on Saturday, 15 February 2020
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Connecticut Trans-athlete Rules Rob Students of Scholarships: Lawsuit
Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Chelsea Mitchell, female high school track athletes, filed a lawsuit in federal court arguing Connecticut’s prep sports guidance allows ‘biological males’ to compete with girls, thus robbing them of scholarship opportunities. So reports The Washington Times.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers
- Lawyer Dons Hazmat Suit During Sentencing Hearing
- 4th Circuit Ruling Means Trump Hotel Records Under Wraps Until After Election
- 'Lady A' Band, Artist Engaged in Legal Battle Over Moniker
- Vermont Law School Mural Being Removed Due to 'Black Features'