An employee from Pixar allegedly asked to use the van as a prop for an event. Later, Daniher said she noticed a similar van in a trailer for the film. “Via the legal complaint, Daniher says the contract she signed ‘explicitly prohibits’ the use of any type of visual representation of the Vanicorn for any purpose other than the event itself,” according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
Artist Sues Pixar Over Use of 'Vanicorn,' a Unicorn Themed Van
Sweet Cicely Daniher, an artist in San Francisco, is suing Pixar for copyright infringement after claiming they used the design of her unicorn-themed van for their animated film “Onward.” So reports SF Gate.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Lawyer Was Two for Six in Attempted Bank Robberies: Authorities
- Family of Lauren McCluskey Reaches Settlement with University of Utah
- Cornell Law Dean Peñalver to Become First Latino to Lead Seattle U
- Colo. Churchgoers Can’t Be Forced to Wear Masks: Judge
- McDonald’s Asks Illinois Court to Toss Discrimination Lawsuit