ICE employee Daniel Sharkey was found guilty of committing the assault in 2016 while he was an employee of the Berks County Residential Center. Multiple sexual encounters took place between the 19-year-old Honduran immigrant and the 40-year-old employee. The woman was detained for eight months with her 3-year-old son.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Honduran ICE Detainee Wins $75K in Sexual Assault Settlement
Berks County, Pennsylvania will pay a woman, who was sexually abused during her detention at an ICE facility, $75,000. So reports Philly Voice.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Louisiana Joins Utah, Oregon in Nixing Bar Exam for Law School Grads
- Mass. Landlords Challenge Constitutionality of Eviction Halt
- Ghislaine Maxwell Wants Disparaging Comments Blunted to Ensure Fair Trial
- Impossible Whopper Lawsuit Tossed As Judge Finds No Deception
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers