ICE employee Daniel Sharkey was found guilty of committing the assault in 2016 while he was an employee of the Berks County Residential Center. Multiple sexual encounters took place between the 19-year-old Honduran immigrant and the 40-year-old employee. The woman was detained for eight months with her 3-year-old son.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Honduran ICE Detainee Wins $75K in Sexual Assault Settlement
Berks County, Pennsylvania will pay a woman, who was sexually abused during her detention at an ICE facility, $75,000. So reports Philly Voice.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Connecticut Trans-athlete Rules Rob Students of Scholarships: Lawsuit
- Sea World Settles Investor Lawsuit Over Impact of Anti-captivity Documentary
- Calif. Lawyer 'Middle Man' for Arms Dealers: Feds
- Actor Jussie Smollett Indicted After Special Prosecutor Investigation
- Artist Sues Pixar Over Use of 'Vanicorn,' a Unicorn Themed Van