The state just hosted its the last constitutionally required legislative hearing. The measure needs to be passed by both houses with a three-fifths majority, or a simple majority two consecutive years, in order for it to make it to the 2020 November ballot. According to the article, 62% of residents support legalization in New Jersey.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
NJ Inches Closer to Referendum Vote on Legalization of Marijuana
New Jersey is one step closer to taking a vote on the legalization of marijuana. So reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes