She said the band is withholding compensation related to seven songs recorded before Cornell’s death. She has named bandmembers Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd and its business manager, Rit Venerus, in the suit. At the heart of the matter is whether the recordings were intended to be the sole property the late front man, or as part of a partnership agreement with the entire band.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 31 seconds
Soundgarden Facing Royalty Lawsuit from Frontman’s Widow
The widow of deceased rocker Chris Cornell, Vicky Cornell, is suing her late husband’s former band, Soundgarden, over royalties she believes she is due. So reports Rolling Stone.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes