The New York Supreme Court ruling stems from a civil lawsuit from June of 2018 filed by the state attorney general’s office. Trump was accused of violating campaign finance law after raising $2.8 million at a fundraiser for military veterans.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds
President Donald Trump will pay $2 million in damages to nonprofit groups after settling allegations he used charity funds for political and personal reasons. So reports The Hill.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- NJ Inches Closer to Referendum Vote on Legalization of Marijuana
- Boston Marathon Bomber Claims Jury Bias, Seeks New Trial
- Southwest Pilots Union Unsatisfied with Compensation from Boeing Deal
- Ex-NFLers Charged in Scam to Defraud Gene Upshaw Healthcare Account
- Soundgarden Facing Royalty Lawsuit from Frontman’s Widow