The New York Supreme Court ruling stems from a civil lawsuit from June of 2018 filed by the state attorney general’s office. Trump was accused of violating campaign finance law after raising $2.8 million at a fundraiser for military veterans.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds
President Donald Trump will pay $2 million in damages to nonprofit groups after settling allegations he used charity funds for political and personal reasons. So reports The Hill.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes