A complaint filed in federal district court purports financial services ads on the social media giant targeted away from the elderly and women in recent years. Facebook has faced scrutiny over its advertising practices in recent years. The suit was filed by 54-year-old Neuhtah Opiotennione, who said she will seek class action status for older and female users allegedly denied service ads as marketers could target data based on age.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Facebook in Legal Hot Water for Alleged Age, Gender Discrimination
Facebook is looking at a possible a class action lawsuit for allegedly denying individuals financial services based on gender and age. So reports CNN.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Legalized Sports Betting Pitched as Budget Fix in California
- Carmen Electra’s Lawsuit Against Strip Club Invalid Due to Her Dancing Poles Biz: Lawyer
- Parents, Church Settle After Forced Baptism of 11 Year Old Disabled Boy
- Judge with Coronavirus Overseeing Stay-home Case in Washington
- Forex Case Against Big Banks to Move Forward Largely in Tact