Depp claimed Bloom improperly collected more than $30 million in the wake of an oral contract between the parties. Bloom also counter-sued Depp, claiming he did not fully pay his invoices. As such, Bloom Hergott paid an undisclosed "eight-figure sum" to the actor. The case may have broad deal-making impacts in the entertainment industry.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Johnny Depp, Lawyer Settle in Possible Far-reaching Dealmaking Case
Jake Bloom and Johnny Depp settled a 2017 lawsuit in which Depp sued the founder of the now debunked Bloom Hergott law firm. So reports Forbes.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask