Depp claimed Bloom improperly collected more than $30 million in the wake of an oral contract between the parties. Bloom also counter-sued Depp, claiming he did not fully pay his invoices. As such, Bloom Hergott paid an undisclosed "eight-figure sum" to the actor. The case may have broad deal-making impacts in the entertainment industry.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Johnny Depp, Lawyer Settle in Possible Far-reaching Dealmaking Case
Jake Bloom and Johnny Depp settled a 2017 lawsuit in which Depp sued the founder of the now debunked Bloom Hergott law firm. So reports Forbes.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Woman Charged for Playing Topless Frisbee Gets $50k Settlement
- UNT Attorney Steps Down After Using 'N-word' During Panel Discussion
- Orangutan Who Was Ruled a 'Non-human Person' Retires to Florida
- U.S. Women's Soccer Scores Goal in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds