Depp claimed Bloom improperly collected more than $30 million in the wake of an oral contract between the parties. Bloom also counter-sued Depp, claiming he did not fully pay his invoices. As such, Bloom Hergott paid an undisclosed "eight-figure sum" to the actor. The case may have broad deal-making impacts in the entertainment industry.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Johnny Depp, Lawyer Settle in Possible Far-reaching Dealmaking Case
Jake Bloom and Johnny Depp settled a 2017 lawsuit in which Depp sued the founder of the now debunked Bloom Hergott law firm. So reports Forbes.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87, Fight to Fill Vacancy Begins
- Louisville, Breonna Taylor's Family Agree to 'Historic' Settlement
- Tesla Case Accusing Ex-employee of Stealing Trade Secrets Moving Ahead
- Julian Assange's Lawyer: Trump Offered Extradition Deal
- Dr. Dre Sued By Estranged Wife Over Alleged 'Secretly' Transferred Trademarks