Swanson, who filed the lawsuit in Queens County Supreme Court, said he temporarily lost consciousnesses and his retina detached. The Houston Astros and University of Arkansas faced similar incidents. Some speculate the commonly-held doctrine that sports spectators assume some injury risk while attending a game could be challenged in the lawsuit.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Mets Fan Sues Team After Launched T-shirt Detaches Retina
Alex Swanson, a New York Mets fan, is suing the team after claiming he was almost blinded by a canon-launched T-shirt during a game in June. So reports an ABC 7.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask