The scans are in violation of the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy ACT, or BIPA, according to the lawsuit. The faces in question come from videos and photos uploaded to the "Magisto video-editor application," according to the article. Vimeo did not have a response included in the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Vimeo Illegally Collected Facial Scans: Lawsuit
Vimeo is allegedly storing thousands of individual's facial biometrics without their knowledge or permission, according to a recent lawsuit. So reports Ars Technica.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers
- Lawyer Dons Hazmat Suit During Sentencing Hearing
- 4th Circuit Ruling Means Trump Hotel Records Under Wraps Until After Election
- 'Lady A' Band, Artist Engaged in Legal Battle Over Moniker
- Vermont Law School Mural Being Removed Due to 'Black Features'