Some, though, consider the measure unconstitutional. Church officials argue current law lays the groundwork for such a measure, while critics fear the force could abuse power and cited alleged racism and homophobia in the church’s history.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Alabama 'Mega-church' May Be Getting Its Own Police Force
Briarwood Presbyterian Church may be getting its own police force after Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed onto a measure allowing it to form one to cover its seminary, sanctuary and school campuses. So reports NPR.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Woman Charged for Playing Topless Frisbee Gets $50k Settlement
- UNT Attorney Steps Down After Using 'N-word' During Panel Discussion
- Orangutan Who Was Ruled a 'Non-human Person' Retires to Florida
- U.S. Women's Soccer Scores Goal in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds