Prior to the settlement, the company had sued Shkreli for breaching his fiduciary duty, and Shkreli had sued Margaret Valeur-Jensen alleging she used fraud to oust him. He is serving a seven-year sentence for “securities fraud related to his two defunct hedge funds and to Retrophin, which he founded after the funds financially collapsed,” according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Pharma Bro Settles with Retrophin from Prison
Martin Shkreli reached a settlement with representative of his old company, Retrophin, weeks after suing two directors and ex-counsel from his prison cell. So reports CNBC.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Woman Charged for Playing Topless Frisbee Gets $50k Settlement
- UNT Attorney Steps Down After Using 'N-word' During Panel Discussion
- Orangutan Who Was Ruled a 'Non-human Person' Retires to Florida
- U.S. Women's Soccer Scores Goal in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds