Medical records show the homicide-by-child-abuse convict hid her pregnancy from physicians. She still faces 38 counts of obtaining prescription drugs through fraud.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Morphine-Addicted Mom Convicted for Overdose Death of Breastfeeding Infant
In the first prosecution of a mother for killing her child through a substance transmitted in breast milk, a South Carolina judge has sentenced a 39-year-old former nurse to the minimum 20 years in prison for feeding her child a lethal dose of morphine. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick