Medical records show the homicide-by-child-abuse convict hid her pregnancy from physicians. She still faces 38 counts of obtaining prescription drugs through fraud.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Morphine-Addicted Mom Convicted for Overdose Death of Breastfeeding Infant
In the first prosecution of a mother for killing her child through a substance transmitted in breast milk, a South Carolina judge has sentenced a 39-year-old former nurse to the minimum 20 years in prison for feeding her child a lethal dose of morphine. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Lawyer Was Two for Six in Attempted Bank Robberies: Authorities
- Family of Lauren McCluskey Reaches Settlement with University of Utah
- Cornell Law Dean Peñalver to Become First Latino to Lead Seattle U
- Colo. Churchgoers Can’t Be Forced to Wear Masks: Judge
- McDonald’s Asks Illinois Court to Toss Discrimination Lawsuit