The lawsuit alleges the layoffs are in violation of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, which requires 60 days’ notice to employees of larger companies. A letter to employees indicated approximately half of Twitter’s 7,500-person team will be laid off shortly.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Musk’s Twitter Layoffs Face Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act Lawsuit
Twitter is facing a class-action lawsuit after new owner Elon Musk announced a slew of layoffs planned for the social media platform. So reports Fox Business.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- California Bar Points to Eastman’s Contact with Pence in New Ethics Charges
- Fireball Maker Under Fire in Class-action Suit Alleging Misleading Labeling
- ChatGPT Skates By On Law Exam with C+ Grade
- Janitor Caught Urinating in Water Bottles Arrested, Employers Facing Lawsuit
- AI-powered Defender Faces Major Backlash from Legal Community