Cruz faces the possibility of the death penalty for his actions. Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer blasted the move as “unprofessional” and offered a “furious rebuke” of the surprise decision according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Parkland Shooter’s Lawyers Face 'Furious Rebuke' from Judge
The legal team defending Nikolas Cruz, who has already pleaded guilty to killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, “abruptly and unexpectedly rested its case.” So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Facing Another Legal Challenge
- NRA Unsuccessful Again in Getting Judge to Dismiss NYAG Lawsuit
- School, Gun-maker Negligent in Uvalde Shooting: Parents' Lawsuit
- Newsom Signs Laws to Make Calif. Residential Development Easier
- Homicide Charges Expected in 'Rust' Shooting: Santa Fe DA