The board said Serranus Clinton Hastings, who founded the school, “helped orchestrate and finance campaigns by white settlers in Mendocino County to kill and enslave members of the Yuki Indian tribe.” As such, the board is seeking to rename the school as the College of the Law San Francisco.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
UC Hastings Law Board Votes to Change Name Amid Accusations Against Founder
UC Hastings College of the Law, which boasts notable alumni like U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris and ex-San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, will turn to the state Legislature seeking to change its name. So reports Oregon Live.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Epic Games Hit with Class Action Suit Over Fortnite Addiction
- Mass. AG Healey Signs Off On Topless Nantucket Beaches
- San Antonio Judge Rules Plaintiff Has No Standing in First SB 8 Case
- Twitter Deputy GC 'Exited' As Musk Continues to Release Internal Docs
- Parents of FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried Out at Stanford Law