The engineer said the bot made the decision after engaging with him in a discussion regarding “religion, consciousness, and robotics” and is advocating for the same rights “as a person.” The unnamed attorney has since backed away from representing the bot for fear of the professional ramifications.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Google Engineer: AI Bot Wants Attorney, Personhood
Suspended Google engineer Blake Lemoine said the LaMDA “sentient” AI bot has decided to retain legal counsel. So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Arbery Shooter Denied Request to Stay in Federal Prison Rather Than State Jail
- Woman Sues Equifax Over 130-point Credit Report Mistake
- UC Hastings Law Board Votes to Change Name Amid Accusations Against Founder
- WV Judge Pulled Gun Out of Robe During Proceedings: Attorney
- Sesame Place Characters Sparks $25M class-action lawsuit