Hastings was also said to have profited directly from the killings. The University of California Hastings College of the Law Board of Directors will work with state lawmakers and stakeholders to determine a more appropriate name.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Hastings Law School to Drop Name of Founder Who 'Perpetrated Genocidal Acts'
The UC Hastings College of Law will no longer use the name of the school’s founder, Serranus Clinton Hastings, as Hastings is associated with the displacement and killing of Native Americans. So reports The Hill.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates