Hastings was also said to have profited directly from the killings. The University of California Hastings College of the Law Board of Directors will work with state lawmakers and stakeholders to determine a more appropriate name.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Hastings Law School to Drop Name of Founder Who 'Perpetrated Genocidal Acts'
The UC Hastings College of Law will no longer use the name of the school’s founder, Serranus Clinton Hastings, as Hastings is associated with the displacement and killing of Native Americans. So reports The Hill.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Judge on Hot Mic: 'Can You Imagine Waking Up Next to Her?'
- Man Charged with 2nd Degree Murder After Video Game Dispute
- Fintech Charter Lawsuit Dropped as Pilot Company Amends Application
- PayPal Looking at Class-action Suit After Another Case of Frozen Funding
- Critics Want Professor Amy Wax’s Tenure to Go On Trial After Comments About 'Asian Elites'