The late immigration attorney was responsible for the 1981 creation of the Proyecto Libertad, which represented refugees imprisoned in Los Fresnos “big corral” detention and processing center. Brodyaga was 81 years old at the time of her passing.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Pioneering Immigration Attorney Lisa Brodyaga Dead at 81
Legal giant Lisa Brodyaga, who founded the first-ever pro bono office servicing the legal needs of refugees in immigration prisons, has died. So reports Courthouse News Service.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates