At the heart of the matter is Wu’s testimony regarding the council’s decision—Wu was president at the time—to deny the Satanists a chance to deliver the opening invocation. Coincidentally, District Judge Angel Kelley has been tasked with overseeing the proceedings.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Judge Angel to Decide Fate of Satanists Hoping to Summon Boston Mayoral Candidate for Deposition
The Satanic Temple in Salem and Boston mayoral candidate Michelle Wu are entangled in a legal spat over a prospective Election Day deposition related to a lawsuit involving prayer at council meetings. So reports The Boston Herald.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates