The lawsuit alleges the Biden administration’s stimulus plan provides “$4 billion to forgive loans for socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers who are Black, American Indian, Hispanic, Alaskan native, Asian American or Pacific Islander.” The white farmers say the program infringes on their constitutional rights.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
White Farmers Call Race-Based Loan Forgiveness Program Unconstitutional
A group of farmers from Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota and South Dakota are suing the government because they are not eligible to participate in a loan forgiveness program due to the fact that they are white. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email