Tax revenues from the sale of marijuana will be directed to “education, drug treatment and prevention, and communities disproportionately hurt by the war on drugs.” Anyone with a criminal record related to formerly illegal marijuana activities will have their record expunged.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
New York Becomes 15th State to Legalize Pot
New York has legalized marijuana. A newly minted bill permits those under the age of 21 to use and grow the drug, and a state-regulated market is now in development. So reports Vox.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Details Emerge from Kansas Lawmaker’s DUI Arrest
- Redditors: 'NDLS Massacre' Frustrating Reality for Prospective Students
- Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
- DeSantis Takes to the Courts to Get Florida Cruise Ships Sailing
- O.J. Settles with The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Defamation Suit